Policy Generators and Implementation Tools
This section includes tools and resources available to assist implementors in building P3P into their Web site.
P3P Policy Generators
- JRC Policy Workbench is an API for building policy editing and testing environments, which includes an implementation of an editor for P3P 1.1 and P3P 1.0 policies. This is a Sourceforge Project; contributions and feedback are welcome.
- IBM's Tivoli Software: IBM's Tivoli Software, which provides a variety of tools for managing Web site privacy practices, includes a P3P policy development tool. Note: Tivoli Software only operates on Windows 2000.
- P3PEdit: CodeInfusion has created a web tool that can generate a P3P policy.
- PrivacyCouncil has created a web tool that can generate a P3P policy.
P3P Policy Validators
- W3C P3P Validator: The W3C has created a P3P Validator to make sure there are no errors in your P3P implementation. Once you have created and implemented P3P on your Web site(s), visit the validator and enter the URL of your Web site to ensure that it is correct and compliant with the latest specification.
W3C P3P Documents and Web Pages
The World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) P3P Web site contains a wide array of invaluable information and tools on P3P.
W3C Feedback and Discussion
The W3C maintains public mailing lists and a private feedback mechanism if you want to comment on P3P or join a public discussion on the specification.
For public comments or questions on P3P, email the W3C P3P Public Comment List. The W3C provides open acces to a public archive of comments and responses to this address. Archived public comments and responses can be read at W3C Public Archives.
If you do not want your comments posted on the public list, email the W3C Membership-only List.
Software developers can also sign-up for the www-p3p-dev mailing list with "subscribe" in the Subject line to join a mailing list to discuss P3P implementation. The W3C also uses this list to alert developers about changes to the P3P spec, future interop events, etc.
Microsoft Developers Network
For information on P3P in Internet Explorer, visit the Microsoft Developers Network Web site.
P3P Web Site Analyzers
Several companies have programs or services that can analyze your Web site(s) and provide detailed information on the site(s) P3P compliance and an analysis of how Internet Explorer 6.0's P3P implementation will interact with your Web site(s).